Monday, August 29, 2011

Game of Thrones Take 2

I can't believe I am finally saying this, but...I FINALLY FINISHED GAME OF THRONES!  I'm making it sound like it took me forever to read.  Not really.  Yes it did take me longer than other books but this book was double the amount of pages compared to other books I have read recently.  As I said in my previous posts, the reason I decided to finally read the series was because I saw the HBO show and fell in love with it.  I am SO glad I decided to read the books.  I found with the TV show there were so many characters that I would constantly forget their names.  When trying to talk to my friend about the previous night's episode, I found myself describing what the characters looked like, said, or how they acted, all because I could not remember their names.  Reading the books gave me that opportunity to get more of an in-depth look into all of the characters and now I remember their names.

I feel like I am behind in the times and the majority of the people in the world have already read this series but I am still going to give my two cents.  In the story, the Seven Kingdoms is being ruled by Robert Baratheon.  His recent Hand of the King was found dead (or murdered you say?) and he decided to travel north to Winterfell (a place where the motto is "Winter is coming") to convince Lord Eddard Stark to become his new Hand.  Eddard (Ned) reluctantly agrees to become Hand and make the journey to King's Landing with some of his children.  That's just the beginning, don't want to give away too much information ;)  The story is full of twists and turns and characters you love, hate, and love to hate.  My favorite just so happens to be the imp, Tyrion Lannister (played by Peter Dinklage, who I think does a FANTASTIC job).

I am definitely excited to move on to the next books in the series.  This time, however, I think I will get them on my nook instead of carrying around a heavy book everywhere I go.  Although I am a creature of habit and if I buy the first series of a book in paperback then I continue to buy it in paperback, but if I buy it on my nook it is a whole different story.  I am about ready to fly to Boston though so my nook would be an excellent companion, along with A Clash of Kings.  I guess only time will tell because I have already moved on to my next read.  What is it you ask?  You'll just have to wait and find out ;)


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed it and I know you will enjoy the next one as well. Smart idea to get on the NOOK as those books are huge!

    ReplyDelete