Monday, October 3, 2011

Dark Passion

Well the nice thing about a five and a half hour flight to Boston from Los Angeles equals a lot of reading time.  I took along my nook and decided to read Dark Passion by Sara Reinke.  This is the third (and I think final) book in the Bretheren series.  Please see my post on Dark Hunger for information about the second book and a little of the background about the first book.

I'm not sure what to say about this book without giving away too much information.  The story still focuses on Brandon, his twin sister, Tessa, his lover, Lina, and friend, Rene.  They are still in Lake Tahoe and kind of stuck there when Rene gets injured.  However, this book takes a bit of a twist and we now are able to see things from the Grandfather's point of view.  Augustus Noble is the leader of the Bretheren (the one with the most male heirs) and also the man who broke Brandon's hands because he didn't want him using sign language.  We get a better picture of why he had to do this and also the story behind his first wife's death.  We also discover where Rene's family (the Morin's) came from.

I really enjoyed this book, although, I think the second was my favorite in the series.  The only problem I have is I feel the book was a bit rushed at the end.  It is 299 pages and I feel like there could have been an extra fifty or so to fill in some of those gaps that you just have to assume happened.  All in all, good books, great story lines, awesome vampires.  I'm glad I found it.  Now on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment