Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Shadow Queen

Told you I was going to keep reading Anne Bishop until I was caught up with the series ;)  I really like this book.  It was a quick read and I love the introduction of the new characters.  The fourth book in the series, The Invisible Ring, introduces the reader to Jared and Lia.  The new characters in the Shadow Queen are descendants of Jared and Lia.  Theran is the grandson of Jared and Lia and at a young age he was sent to live in the mountains as a rogue Warlord Prince in order to escape the evil strong-hold Dorothea SaDiablo had over his village of Dena Nehele.  Now that Dorothea and her evil stink have been washed out of the area, Theran realizes the importance and urgency of getting a Queen to rule the area.  His grandfather, Jared, told him if he ever needed anything to turn to Daemon Sadi.  Theran decides to do this and with the help of Jaenelle, Daemon brings forth a Queen for Theran to take back to Dena Nehele.  His immediate disappointment in the choice is apparent.  A Rose jeweled Queen means she is not that powerful, along with red hair and freckles, she is described as plain.  It is these same reasons that caused Cassidy's last court to dis-ban her and choose a younger more attractive queen.  But since she is friends with Jaenelle, she agrees to try and Dena Nehele's queen.  She must overcome many obstacles, including Theran's obvious disapproval.  How can she rule without the support of her people?  Cassidy also befriends Gray, Theran's cousin who at a young age was tortured and is so damaged his mind is that of a fifteen year old boy.  At times, however, he has the mind of a man thirsty for the touch of a woman, for the touch of Cassidy.  I look forward to the next book in the series, which is supposed to look more in depth at Cassidy's rule and what she must deal with.  Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is making me interested in books I wouldn't normally be into! I am also addicted to reading :) I really like your blog and the idea behind it! I just finished "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" and I highly recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, I just added it to my wish list. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete