Monday, November 21, 2011

House of Night: Destined

This is the ninth book in the House of Night series.  I love the books and hate when a series ends, but I am at the point with this series where I am ready for it to end.  I feel like the story is being dragged out a little too much and to be honest it took me until half-way through this book before I finally got super interested and couldn't put it down.  Another issue is it has been so long since I read the last book that I forgot so much.  But it is still a series worth reading.

Picking up where the last book left off, Zoey and Stark have returned from the Otherworld, Nyx has forgiven Rephaim and turned him into a real boy (no not at all a Pinocchio-sounding theme ;)), Dragon is still pissed at Rephaim for killing his wife, Neferet is still putting on a show, and they must all go back to school and act like nothing has happened.  Within the first few minutes of going back to school, the group quickly finds out about Neferet's new "toy" Aurox.  A creature created to protect Neferet and do her bidding.  Neferet claims he is a gift from Nyx, but Zoey and her nerd-herd know otherwise. 

Throughout the book, Stevie Rae and Rephaim struggle with Rephaim's need to be close to his father.  Damien is still trying to get over the death of Jack.  And Zoey is trying to find out who or what killed her mother. 

One part of this story I really liked were the parts written from Lenobia's point of view.  I know the authors are working on novelas and one will be on Lenobia so I am looking forward to that. 

Again, I really like this series but I feel as if it is going nowhere.  It's the same thing every book, never any closure.  I feel like the ending of this book should have happened three books ago.  Hopefully this means they will finally start getting somewhere and bring the series to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment