Friday, March 2, 2012

Lenobia's Vow

When I first heard P.C. and Kristin Cast were going to write House of Night novellas while still writing the HoN series, I admit I was worried.  Lenobia's Vow is the second novella they have finished.  The first was Dragon's Oath.  I liked Dragon's Oath but I thought Lenobia's story was more enjoyable to read.  The book centers around 16 year old Lenobia and her journey from France to New Orleans.  It's a journey of love but also a journey towards being marked.  Lenobia boards a ship set for New France (New Orleans) to start a new life.  While on the ship she meets Martin, the son of a powerful white man and hisblack mistress.  Lenobia grows to love Martin but there is another who has his eyes on her.  The Bishop, an evil man being exiled to New Orleans, has dark thoughts about Lenobia.  Will he make the journey a miserable one, or will Lenobia be happy with Martin?  I don't want to give away too much ;)

I really liked this book but I felt as if the last few pages were rushed.  I felt they could have spent another 20-30 pages on the ending.  But I know it's a novella and supposed to be short.  I liked that it was a fast read, especially after having just finished over 800 pages of Inheritance!

No comments:

Post a Comment