Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Insurgent

Okay so you know how in my blog for Divergent I said I finished the book and had to right away buy the second book?  Um, yeah, I just finished that on my lunch break today.  I would have finished earlier but there last couple nights I have been going home and wanting to play my video game.  So instead of it taking me two days to finish, it took five.

This book picks right up where the first books end.  Sometimes I have issues when you finish a book and the next books starts months or years after the first book ended.  Tris, Four, and other Dauntless are on a train trying to get far away from the evil that is Jeannine Matthews.  This is a bit of a spoiler but Jeannine is trying to control everyone but the Divergent are immune to the simulations she creates.  Throughout the book, Tris and Four are running from Faction to Faction trying to figure out what Jeannine's plan is and how they can save their friends and loved ones. Can't give away much more without giving away too many spoilers ;)

What I liked about this book is it had a lot more twists and turns than the first book.  Just when I thought I had everything figured out something would happen that made me thing, "huh?" (but not in that nice of language).  I heard they are making this into a movie and while reading the book all I can picture as Tris is Saoirse Ronan.  I think her work in Hannah helped me picture her as Tris.  No clue who I would picture for Four.  This series is supposed to be a trilogy.  Now the wait begins for book #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment