Monday, September 24, 2012

Hidden

After reading all 1100 pages of A Dance with Dragons, 250+ pages of Hidden went by so quickly!  I picked this book up Saturday morning to begin reading and finished it at 10:30 that night.  This is the third and final book in the Firelight trilogy.  It's a great trilogy but what was the hardest part about picking this book up and reading it is I forgot what happened in the second book!  It is in storage though so no way was I going to try and reread it just to remember.  Luckily I didn't have to do that.  As I kept reading more and more into this book, I started remembering what happened in the second book.  A lot of the series I have been reading lately have been out for years so I can read all the books in the series one right after another.  I forget what it is like to wait for the next book in the series to come out.

I liked this series because it is something different.  Usually I read a lot of vampire and witch books.  This was all about dragons!  Or really I should say draki.  They are human-looking creatures that can manifest into draki.  It was difficult to imagine at first because I kept wanting to picture a huge dragon like Smaug in the Hobbit.  Nope.  Draki are a lot smaller and they keep a lot of their human appearances.  I like that each draki is a "type" of draki and has a special talent.  Like the main character, Jacinda.  She is a fire-breather.  Very rare amongst her pride.  So rare she is the only one.  Her sister is a shader, she has the ability to create a mist that turns humans away and can make them forget where they were.  It was fascinating learning about the different types of draki.  I wish there would have been more of an in-depth look at the types.

I really do love the series but the way this last book was written, I feel like she could have written so much more.  The book ended in a way that gave closure but I felt like it happened all too fast.  I will definitely have to check out other Sophie Jordan books.

No comments:

Post a Comment