Monday, October 1, 2012

Bloodlines

Well, now that I am done with those long George R. R. Martin books, I'm zooming through these!  Richelle Mead wrote one of my favorite vampire series, Vampire Academy.  So you can imagine how excited I was to be in the book section of Walmart and pick up Bloodlines only to realize it is a branch from the Vampire Academy series and contained a lot of the same characters!  I almost started jumping up and down with joy.  They had Bloodlines and the second book in the series.  I bough both on a whim that they would be good.  The first did not disappoint!

In the Vampire Academy series we are introduced to Sydney, an Alchemist who helps Rose out of some pretty tight situations.  She has grown up being taught that vampires are an abomination and Alchemists should stay clear of them if at all possible.  Sydney is in some deep doo-doo with the alchemists because she did help Rose out.  This book picks up where that left off.  Sydney is chosen to be a chaperone to Jill, a Moroi princess.  Jill's life is in danger and protecting her is a chance for Sydney to redeem herself.  Armed with her alchemist talents she is sent to Palm Springs where she will pretend to be Jill's sister and enroll in high school to watch out for her.  Not only does she have to deal with Jill, but also Eddie, Jill's dhampir bodyguard, and Adrian, a spirit user with a care-free attitude.  She must overcome her fear of vampires to try and protect Jill.

Super awesome story and I cannot wait to start the second book on my lunch break today!

No comments:

Post a Comment