Monday, October 8, 2012

The Golden Lily

So glad Richelle Mead decided to write the Bloodlines series.  I loved Vampire Academy and was so sad when she finished that series.  So now I get my fix through this series.  As I said in my last post, it is a continuation of the Vampire Academy series but this series is told from the point of view of Sydney, an Alchemist.  Again this was another fast read.  In fact I finished most of it this past weekend while camping with my family.  It was perfect weather to sit outside with a book...until my nephew decided to shoot me with a water gun and he got some pages of the book :(  I was devastated!  But of course I didn't get mad at him, he's only 3.  So I silently cried inside because I like my books to stay in perfect condition, even after I have finished reading them.  Oh well. 

Now on to the book.  This picks up where Bloodlines finished (obviously, it's a series!).  Everything is going okay.  Keith is gone, another damphir has been brought in to help Eddie protect Jill, and Sydney has her own room and no longer has to be roommates to a vampire.  She even starts dating someone ;)  Of course nothing can ever just be normal.  One night Sydney and Sonya are attacked by masked humans...vampire hunters.  They soon realize they have bigger problems than just trying to keep Jill hidden.  Sydney has to learn to juggle her Alchemist duties, school, protecting Jill, her new guy, and help look out after Adrian.  She's got a full plate but she's one pretty awesome character.  I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out!

Now on to the next book.  Luckily I have a super awesome friend who gave me a Trader Joe's bad FULL of books to read ;)  I'll be busy for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment