Monday, November 19, 2012

50 Shades Freed

Normally when I am reading a series and come to the last book it is a bittersweet feeling and I do not want the series to end. By the time I got to this book, the third and final book in the 50 shades series, I could not wait for it to be over!  The first book was okay, I really liked the third book, this one I couldn't wait for it to be over.  It's not that it was a bad story.  In fact I really like the plot of the whole thing and thought it was a great story.  But after three books of "Laters, baby", "inner goddess" and "murmuring", let's just say I was getting annoyed.  And it seemed like this book had even more sex scenes than the other books.  I started getting annoyed with those too and found myself skimming over those scenes instead of reading them.  I like my romance books full of plot and only a FEW sex scenes, not one on every other page!  I was too much to the extreme and annoyed me.  The author had a great story but if she continues to write books she really needs to work on her delivery.  I can't believe these made it to publishing with all the repetition and elementary writing.  Okay I know, I am probably being a bit harsh.  But for someone like me who is an avid reader, it made it difficult to get through the books because I kept getting hung up on those repetitive lines and statements.  Every time I would read one my mind would think, "Again!  Seriously!"

Alright enough ranting, now let me talk about the content of the book.  In this book there is a lot of "flashbacks" in a sense.  For example, (SPOILER ALERT) while Ana is on her honeymoon she "thinks back" to the wedding and wedding night.  Instead of us reading about it as it happened we have to read about her remembering it.  This happened a lot in the book.  Another thing about this book is it is completely predictable.  Especially the ending.  I knew what would happen after a few chapters into the book!  With all that being said, I really liked Christian Grey and can see why women everywhere are saying they want to find their Christian Grey.

Now on to something a little juvenile.  I've had my share of sex scenes, for a while anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment