Monday, November 26, 2012

Can the vampires come out to play?

I started this blog as a way for me to really just vent my opinion about the books I have read.  I didn't want it to be a typical book blog where all I do is offer a summary of the book.  I figure if anyone wants that they can go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and read up on what the story is about.  Instead I wanted a blog where I talked about my experiences with the books; how I felt while reading them, what I thought of the characters, etc.  Reading has always been a passion of mine.  But alas something else that has recently become a passion of mine has taken over my reading time ;)  I would like to occasionally showcase that passion on here.  Won't happen all the time, but if I have a brilliant "I love this" moment then I will.  What am I currently obsessed, er I mean passionate about lately?  NAILS!!!!!  Over the past few months I have become obsessed with nail polish and nail art.  I'm not very good and spend most time on YouTube getting ideas for manicures.  My nails are small and while I like painting my nails, I don't keep a strict regiment for keeping my cuticles nice and healthy and non-dry and crack-free.  Takes too much time ;) 

With all that being said, I would like to share the manicure I did last night.  Tonight my friends and I are going to go see Breaking Dawn Part 2.  I prefer waiting for the crowds to die down and most times I sit in the 21+ section of the theater so I don't have to deal with screaming girls.  Anyways, here is the mani I came up with:

I took this in my bathroom and with my cell phone because I have no fancy lighting and no expensive camera that gets awesome pictures.  Maybe next time I will try taking the picture with my Nikon point and shoot camera.  Sorry for the messiness, I was too lazy to try cleaning up excess polish off my skin.

I used OPI Vampsterdam as the base color.  It is a really pretty purple and is a little bit shimmery.  I then used China Glaze Liquid Leather to do black tips.  With my dotting tool I made "drips" to represent dripping blood.  My accent finger is The Many Shades of Mr. Grey by Dollish Polish.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment