Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Last Kiss Goodnight

OMG I am so far behind on everything at the moment!  I finished this book over a week ago but then left for a conference and now getting ready for Thanksgiving...there is not enough hours in the day sometimes.  A conference you say, bet you got a lot of reading done you say?  NOPE!  By the end of each day I was so mentally exhausted all I could do was sit in front of my iPad with Netflix.  What did I start watching?  Well...um...I think this sums it up nicely:

HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN WATCHING THIS SHOW!!!!!!


Okay, enough ranting and raving about shows.  Now on to books!

As I have said before, I LOVE GENA SHOWALTER!  I have a lot of favorite authors but she definitely takes the number 1 position.  I have loved everything I read by her.  Last Kiss Goodnight was a great story.  She has a whole series on aliens living amongst us and there being alien hunters and huntresses.  This series focuses on the other angle, they are alien assassins.  Don't worry, they work on the side of good ;)  Showalter finds the most unique story lines and runs with it.  Like in this one, a circus owner is not making money with the typical circus animals so he decides to instead kidnap aliens and make them the main attraction.  Of course one of them ends up being our alien assassin hero ;)  And then she throws in the little twist of having the main female character be...oh no, SPOILERS!
Hehe, having just watched the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, I just could not resist!

All I have left to say is if you have not ready anything by Gena Showalter then you are totally missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment