Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to reality

Well after having two weeks off for the winter break, let's just say it is hard to be sitting at work right now.  Not only did I forget all of my passwords, but I came in to emails that made me cranky.  Welcome back, NOT! 

Christmas was okay for me, too much stress to deal with.  New Year's was awesome.  I plopped my behind in my car and drove the 12 hours it took for me to get to Albuquerque, New Mexico to see my best friend.  It was a great trip and even though I heard about all the stress and drama going on at home, I was not directly involved or affected by it.  It makes me even more determined to get my own place.  While I was in ABQ, my best friend made the most simple but addicting lunch...using her food steamer!  So of course I had to twist her arm to take me to Target so I could buy my own steamer!
The steamer is awesome!  The other day I used it to make rice and chicken...at the same time!

Then, I just had to twist her arm to take me to Barnes and Noble.  I had gift cards and ended up walking away with five new books.  Geesh I have so much reading to do!  I also decided to treat myself to this bad boy...
I have a first generation nook.  Works great still but it is so big and heavy that I never take it anywhere.  I love books but when I am at work on my lunch break, the nook is great.  Only problem is my nook does not fit in my purse.  So I saw that B&N had the nook touch for only $59.  I figured, why not!  Now I have a larger nook I can travel with but I also have a smaller one that will fit in my purse!  Maybe now I will be able to get through more books!

Now on to the books I actually did finish over break.  To begin with, Allegiant.
I had this book on my nook and would always read it on my phone, thinking for sure I would finish in no time.  Especially because I zoomed through the first two books in this series.  Boy was I wrong!  It took me FOREVER to finish this book!  It just did not have to appeal the other two books had.  It was slow going.  One day I told myself I would read until I finished!  I did and I was so disappointed!  The book had a terrible ending and it was not at all necessary.  It is hard for a series to be successful with all books, but when you have two successful books, you expect the third to be great as well.  I am disappointed with how the series ended but I still think it is a good series and will definitely be seeing Divergent when the movie comes out.

Thankfully, I was smart and followed Allegiant with The Fiery Heart from the Bloodlines series.
I love this series so much!  As I have mentioned before, it is a spin off from the Vampire Academy series.  I loved VA but I actually think the Bloodlines series is better.  Maybe because of Adrian?  Hehe

The book took me about six days to finish.  Not bad after the weeks I endured Allegiant.  I love how interesting these books are and how quickly I get through them!  I can't really saying anything about the story without giving away spoilers ;)  Oh yes I did just have a Doctor Who reference!  Okay, did anyone see the Christmas special?  Oh the feels!

Well now I am just counting down the minutes to lunch so I can bust out the nook and start reading something new.  While I was in New Mexico, I started the latest book in the House of Night series.  About 60 pages into it.  That will be an at home book so I can have the nook for lunch time at work. 

1 comment:

  1. That is how I felt about Allegiant! So disappointed!

    ReplyDelete