Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rusted Veins

Don't you hate when a really great series ends and you think, what will I do with my life?  Then all of a sudden you decide to look for a new book and go to the recommendations section on Amazon...only to find out the author that wrote the series you love also wrote a follow up novella that is only available electronically!!!!!!  That's what happened with me and the Sabina Kane series.  I first gravitated to the series only because the first book was titled Red Headed Step Child.  It's what my cousin used to call me when I was younger because I was the only person in my family with red hair.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn the series had vampires and mages and demons, oh my!  It's a great series and I highly recommend it.  So, back to my original point.  I was very excited when I saw a Sabina Kane novella on Amazon!  I don't have a Kindle but I did quickly hop on over to Barnes & Noble and download it for my nook.

As you can see from the picture I took, the novella is super short.  It says 69 pages but it really only ended up being 53 or so pages.  Fine with me, meant I could finish it over two lunch periods.  Could have finished in one but I did have to put the nook down to eat.  It was just a short little story and not even worth mentioning the store line, especially since there would be SPOILERS!  All I can say is this novel takes place after the last book in the series, Blue Blooded Vamp.  Now to just keep my fingers crossed that Wells comes out with more Sabina Kane novellas ;)  In the meantime, I think I need to check out some of her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment