Thursday, September 11, 2014

The One

I was all set to make this post be all about how much I am mourning the fact that The One is the last book in the selection series...but I went to Kiera Cass' website (http://www.kieracass.com/books/) and there will be more books!  I also saw that there were a series of novellas she wrote.  Why am I just barely finding out about this?????!!!!!!!  I love this series.  I don't know why, I just do.  I always tell people it's the Bachelor meetings the Hunger Games.  The chapters are short and before you know it, you have easily gotten through five chapters in one sitting.  Or in my case you get through half the book in one sitting. 

I love the main female character, America, but she frustrates me to no end!  She does not express herself to those she cares about so she is always on the verge of losing them.  But I still like her.  She does not let people tell her what to do.  She's stubborn but strong-willed.  This book also totally changed my way of thinking of Celeste.  It seems like America has even more challenges in this book than she has in any of the others.  Maybe because she is now one of the Elite?  Maybe because her outbursts have received unwanted attentions of the king?  All I know is I did not want to put the book down and even found myself trying to finish it up when I should have been on the road to go see my boyfriend.  Oopps!  My bad!  Hehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment